Thursday, December 3, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree




Last night, we decorated the Christmas tree and hung up the stockings. We usually just put up an artificial tree, but this time I promised JaCoby a real tree, so he could have the expierence of it.We went and cut down the tree on Wednesday in Farr West (I know that is quite a ways away, but it was worth it). It was 10 feet 3 inches tall. No, we do not have 11 foot ceilings, they were having a special on trees over 10 ft tall Scotch Pines. I ended up cutting about 18 inches off the bottom. We had a great time decorating it and remembering how we obtained each ornament. I realized some of the ornaments were ones that I had at JaCoby's age on a mini tree in my room. Oh the memories! This has got to be one of my favorite things about Christmas, the wonderful memories. Tennille still can't believe we have such a huge tree.

No comments: